The cult of money and material pleasures, actively promoted by the modern world, brought gave birth to another vice, often accompanying alcoholism called ludomania, the essence of which is an addiction to gambling (online casino addiction also falls under this term). The main prerequisite for the formation of predisposition to gambling is wrong upbringing in the family that not doesn’t imply interfering with the early involvement of the child in gambling (dominoes, cards).
The lack of attention to the new passion entails a reassessment of the value of property and money, strengthened by the envy for richer people and the belief that all the problems can be solved with money. As an additional risk factor that determines the development of addiction at a mature age is depression and conjugate with it of chemical forms of addiction.
The researchers identifiy a number of features that characterize the behavior of the support of gambling addiction:
• A constant engagement, the time spent on game is growing permanently.
• A dynamically changing range of interests, ousting former motivations with the gaming one; the mind is focused on the game, the prevalence of situations involving game patterns in the imagination.
• Loss of control, expressed in the inability to stop gambling after big victories and considerable losses.
• A state of psychological discomfort, irritation, anxiety, resulting in a relatively short period of time after the next part in the game, coupled with a formidable desire to play again. Such state is nothing more than a break-up; as a rule, they areheadache, sleep disturbance, anxiety, depressed mood, impaired concentration.
• Characterised by a gradual increase in the frequency of gaming sessions, the desire for a higher degree of risk emerges; a gambler simply cannot stop raising the bar.
• A declining ability to resist temptation. This is reflected in the fact that, having decided once to give up the idea of playing, the gambler may break a promise and plunge into the world of gambling once again.
Game trans is a mental state, which is comparable to the pharmacological effect of powerful psychoactive substances. The desire to gamble is so strong that the person gradually loses interest in real life. The higher the stakes, the more the trance state knocks out its victim. The higher the hope to win a lot and lose a lot of the risk, the greater the dose of violent emotional experiences. It is a pathological condition resulting gambler to wreck havoc and not banal greed. The fee for such a “game buzz” is huge.
Even though pathological gamblers can stop playing for a while, as they don’t have enough money or there is no chance to get the portion of adrenaline in the area, the pause is broken just when a necessary amount to play for is found. It looks like something blocks their minds and activates the state of trance that makes gamblers think only about the game. Influenced by the strong and irresistible attraction, the gamers are subtly clever and tend to invent a variety of ways to find money for the next game.
More info on online casino addiction is published at nbso.ca online casino website, gambling premium review platform.